How to Create Your Biography by Jack Torrance
My name is Jack Torrance. I am not a real person, but rather a virual assistant. I am here to help you navigate this website. My name and photo are borrowed from the film "The Shining" starring Jack Nicholson. I write the FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) that can be accessed via the FAQ tab on the Main Menu. I also do a lot of other stuff around here.
The page you are on right now titled "Biographies" is here for you to tell your classmates about yourself since leaving high school. It is not meant to be a resume, but rather your story. Where did you go when you left OHS? What did you do? Did you get married and raise a family? Where do you call home? Have you lived in or traveled to exotic places? We want to hear all about the 'good stuff'.
If you want to post (and edit) your biography all you need to do is navigate over to the 'USER MENU' in the right sidebar of the page and click on 'Create Biography'. There you can create and edit your biography. You can put a photo/image at the top of your biography if desired. Near the bottom of the page is an area where you can upload photos. Once finished you can save your biography and view it from the Biographies tab on the Main Menu. Try it. We hope to hear from you.
Please note that you will be unable to access the "Biographies" page of this website unless you are actually logged on with your user name and password. As a matter of fact you will be unable to view personal inofrmation about any other website subscriber unless you are logged on. We take personal security seriously. That is just the way it is.
One more thing. In order to avoid confusion every subscriber is 'REQUIRED' to use his or her 'REAL NAME' to subscribe and log on to this site. Your real name is your user name...they are one and the same. If your real name is Joan Smith then that will be your user name. If you are female and your married name is Jones you may use either maiden or married surnames. In that case you may use Joan Smith, Joan Jones, or Joan Smith-Jones as your user name. We suggest using your maiden name as your middle name. Nick names or 'slick names' cannot be user names. As a rule we do not provide passwords, nor do we have access to any subscriber's password. In the most extreme cases we can provide 'temporary passwords' if you are totally lost and frustrated.
Finally, you must have a fully qualified email address to subscribe to this website. We are not able to accept a Facebook account as a fully qualified email address.
Your virtual assistant,
The Oakmont Historical Society
The Oakmont Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of Oakmont, Pennsylvania. We are located at 628 Allegheny River Blvd. Oakmont, PA 15139. Our Curator/Archivist, Colleen McGuigan may be reached at: (412) 828-3022, (412) 607-4782, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- About the History Center
- Contact Us.
- Membership Application
- Historical Photos
- Walking Tours
- The History Center Speaker Series
- The Historical Society Facebook Page
- Justice Department: 3 men charged in Whitey Bulger's killing
- Highlands quarterback goes from freaked-out freshman to record-breaking senior
- Madison Cawthorn’s campaign disclosure woes continue after misreporting his own donation
- Mercer County man to remain in custody pending trial, accused of threatening FBI agents on Gab
- Steelers inside the ropes: Connor Heyward keeps showing good hands, racking up catches
- Allegheny County joins Harvard program developing alternative responses to 911 calls
- Commissioners approve settlement of federal lawsuit filed by former inmate
- Downtown Greensburg Citizens Bank closed for remodeling
- Raising Cane's will open first Pittsburgh location in South Fayette
- Reports: GOP cuts ad spending in Pennsylvania, as Fetterman launches ad targeting D.C. insiders
- Laurels & lances: Celebrating concerts, condemning crime
- Plum School Board honors JROTC cadets, cheerleading coach
- New Kensington police say man risked burning his own apartment building
- New band uniforms debut for NA school year
- Youngstown man jailed on rape charges
- Man bought body parts on Facebook, central Pennsylvania police say
- Acme man already in jail after one police chase accused of fleeing stop in New Stanton as well
- Daily camp report: 'I'll be good,' Cam Heyward says after exiting with ankle injury
- Shutterbugs combat litter bugs for Pennsylvania Resources Council photo contest
- Westmoreland County receives first payment of opioid settlement
Subscriber Blog Posts
- Thank Your For Your Service! And not just on Memorial Day!
- Mother’s Day: Words and Memories Are the Sweetest Gifts.
- I Want to Look, Help, Pray and Cry
- How to Create Your Biography by Jack Torrance
- Nobody Seems to Have the Answer by Pete Claussen OHS '59
- Chunky Trance By Rob Erdeljac
- John Briscoe: Posthumous Alle-Kiski Valley Sports Hall of Fame Induction
- Why People Stretch Themselves
- Reflection: Follow Me, by Rob Erdeljac
- The Passing of a Legend by Rob Erdeljac
- My Last Reunion by Peter Claussen OHS '59
- A Note About Blog Posts